Location: Bankers Hill, San Diego
St. Paul strives to be THE most outstanding and innovative provider of senior services and housing in California. A leading multi-level provider since 1960 we are recruiting for a Skilled Nursing LVN for our McColl Health Center.
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the nursing care for meeting the spiritual, emotional, and functional needs of Residents. Ensures quality care to Residents by delegation of responsibilities to direct nursing staff based on the acuity of the Resident, and the skills, training and experience of the staff member. Assists in the training of nursing staff as requested and as is appropriate.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Minimum of one year of experience in long term care which must include direct care of the elderly or the chronically ill. Must have California Licensed Vocational Nursing license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates Resident care management on assigned shift and is accountable for the clinical management of Residents which includes:
- Ensures provision of quality nursing care within all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Completes daily rounds to visit all Residents as assigned to ascertain condition and comfort.
- Follows safety policies.
- Performs Resident assessments as conditions warrant. Develops, implements, and evaluates care plans which include, but are not limited to the recognition of spiritual, psychological and functional factors.
- Implements restorative nursing care measures in the area of self-care deficits as related to Activities of Daily Living. Encourages and assists Residents in self-care and group activities.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by the attending physician and documents accordingly.
- Initiates plans of care to promote positive Resident outcomes. Initiates procedures to protect resident from injury and infection.
- Monitors nursing staff compliance to nursing policies and procedures.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer