You Shine! Program
Come join over 100 volunteers and bring sunshine into the lives of seniors! Here’s how you can participate:
- Send a card (store-bought or handmade) with a message of encouragement.
- We welcome younger volunteers to send decorated cards and drawings.
- Share an inspirational message or story in a letter.
- Donate Jigsaw Puzzles for Seniors and large print puzzle books (Crossword, Sudoku, Brain Teasers, etc.)
- Please do not donate any food or beverages (some seniors have allergies and dietary restrictions)
You Rock! Program
Our You Rock! Program is the latest addition to Sunshine for Seniors. You can brighten a senior’s day with a pretty painted rock. Bring out the artist in you on the blank canvas of a stone. Paint a colorful design or include an inspirational message. Whatever you choose to create will bring a smile to our seniors for sure!
We are gladly accepting stones that a senior can easily hold in their hand. Some will be given directly to seniors while others will be placed in our gardens for all to enjoy.
You can choose to either deliver your “sunshine” by mail or in person.
St. Paul’s Senior Services
Community Care Center
328 Maple Street
San Diego, CA 92103
Attn: Sunshine for Seniors
Call anyone in the Foundation to schedule a delivery, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. 619-239-6900
If you have a number of cards or books, instead of mailing them, you can drop them off from 9:00am - 4:00pm.
Please do not drop off items directly to any of our senior communities or PACE centers. We are taking all precautions to limit entrance to essential staff only.
Thank you for sharing your kindness, compassion and light with our beloved seniors.