Location: San Diego
St. Paul strives to be THE most outstanding and innovative provider of senior services and housing in California. A leading multi-level provider since 1960 we are recruiting for a Resident Services Coordinator for St. Paul’s Villa in Banker’s Hill.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing systems and procedures for Resident care and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer service by answering nurse station telephone calls and directing the call to the appropriate person and/or communicates message to staff and/or resident.
- Organize and maintain an efficient nursing station. Providing supplies and forms and information necessary for nurses, physicians and care providers to serve our residents. Maintain resident census board.
- Coordinates and updates resident care/service lists. Updates care plans in consultation with LVN/Charge Nurse.
- Helps develop daily Resident care assignments for CNAs to ensure all cares and service are provided according to service plan and meets staffing schedule.
- Monitor and Prepares documents for Resident’s medical appointments. Coordinates care updates received back from medical appointments in consultation with the LVN/Charge Nurse.
- Develops and audits care delivery systems (Medical Records and Medication Administration Record) for assisted living and memory care Residents that promote optimal independence for Residents and tight accountability for staff.
- Prepares CNA monthly staffing schedule.
- Provides Resident engagement and supervision of memory care Residents.
- Completes and coordinates maintenance work orders for repair of equipment.
- Assists in maintaining the safety of Residents and observes proper infection control procedures. Follows Resident Rights regulations and policies. Observes all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Perform clerical duties and tasks as assigned by Administrator, Director of Nursing or Resident Services Coordinator.
- If appropriately certified, assists nursing staff as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by Administrator, Nurse Manager, Resident Services Coordinator, COO or CEO.
- Completes Dementia Training required for Program and dementia activities training.
- Documents in Resident’s electronic charts per Villa community policies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must enjoy working with the elderly and have an interest in and understanding of their needs. Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously. Must be organized, dependability, creative, compassionate, have a sense of humor, enthusiasm, affection and patience; ability to teach and orient staff; willingness to accept direction and to assume responsibility. Must be computer literate sufficient to perform all tasks required of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must have current California Certified Nursing Assistant certification. Experience with Dementia in a Community Setting. Successful completion of Dementia Training. One year of experience working in a senior living or health care facility.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to identify objects and persons visually at a distance of 20 feet. Consistently will need to distinguish normal sounds where there is some background noise, as in answering telephones, intercoms, etc. The ability to speak clearly and make self-understood is absolutely essential.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To apply online, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer