The St. Paul’s PACE Difference
What Sets Us Apart
St. Paul’s Senior Services isn’t referred to as the leaders in senior care for nothing. Since its inception in 1960, St. Paul’s has never skipped a beat in its ambitions. St. Paul’s prides itself in its everlasting commitment to helping seniors lead enriched lives by serving their spiritual, physical, and social needs. With the demand for older adult care continuing to rise, St. Paul’s knew exactly what was needed for older adults throughout our communities.
St. Paul’s Senior Services was the first non-profit organization to bring PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) to San Diego County back in 2008. As time has passed on, St. Paul’s PACE has grown to four locations, helping thousands of low income San Diego seniors access medical care, social services, nutrition, transportation, and home care so that they can remain living as independently as possible in their homes.
Our team is YOUR team
St. Paul’s PACE provides wraparound medical services exclusively for San Diego seniors. Our team of healthcare professionals, also known as the interdisciplinary team (IDT), consists of certified geriatric doctors and nurses committed to ensuring that quality care is met and continues to be the primary goal. To meet this goal, our interdisciplinary team of bilingual doctors, physicians, nurses, and other practitioners provide a hands-on approach, coordinating medical, social, and home care services so our participants no longer need to manage their medical care alone.
RECOGNIZED Across San Diego County
St. Paul’s PACE is San Diego’s FIRST and most experienced PACE program. Our program is regarded as San Diego’s BEST Home Care Provider, as voted by the San Diego Union-Tribune Readers Poll & was the recipient of the 2019 Live Well San Diego Public Health Champion Award.
- Onsite Health Clinics – Easy access to one of four locations in San Diego County
- Roving Clinic – Care that comes to your home
- Wellness Center for Behavioral Health Services
- 8 Supportive Housing communities for formerly homeless seniors
- Telehealth options for safe care
- Wellness Checks – Telephone or in-person
- Certified Geriatric doctors and nurses
- Full-time dieticians, therapists and social services
- Access to hundreds of medical specialists and contracted providers
- Medical equipment for your home
- Ongoing supportive case management
- Transportation – Certified drivers that come to your home
- Home-delivered medications
- Same-day medical appointments
- Incontinence supplies
- Spiritual counseling and non-denominational services
- Three-course meals served at our day centers
- Food pantry for our participants with food insecurities
- Essential needs supplies, like clothes, food, and sanitary items
- St. Paul’s Education Series – future planning for our participants and their families
- Caregiver Support Programs
- Diabetes Prevention Program
- Fields trips to local events and attractions
- Art Therapy
- Holiday celebrations
- Exercise Classes
- Family open houses and celebrations
- & MORE!
St. Paul’s PACE provides comprehensive care with the ultimate goal of preserving our participant’s independence and enabling them to age as safely as possible in their homes and in their communities.
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from St. Paul’s PACE, please contact us at 1-833-PACENOW.
About the Author
Michael Wilson is an Outreach Specialist at St. Paul’s PACE. For more information about the services PACE provides, reach out to Michael at MWilson@stpaulspace.org.