Location: Chula Vista
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We are centrally located in the beautiful community of Bankers Hill, close to downtown San Diego. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for keeping assigned facility, externally and internally, clean, neat, and in quality condition at all times while on duty. Floor care is of key importance. Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains quality standards at the highest level possible, keeping Resident concerns, needs and perceptions in mind at all times.
- Follows assigned written schedule, while maintaining the rest of assigned facility. Clean interior surfaces of assigned facility such as walls, doors and ceilings as scheduled or as directed by supervisor.
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, dust, spot clean, disinfect when necessary and polish where required. This is to include the cleaning of ledges, shelves and vents. Empties and cleans trash containers as appropriate. Straightens and rearranges furniture when requested by supervisor or lead personnel. Inspects furnishings and fixtures for wear, defects, damage and cleanliness. Reports identified items to supervisor.
- Cleans bathrooms, cleans and disinfect all fixtures, and cleans floors and walls as scheduled or directed. Cleans mirrors, windows, doors and woodwork.
- Cleans stairways, elevators, entrances and exits, as scheduled or directed. Cleans horizontal surfaces daily, or as required, by removing dust, dirt or greasy film. Disinfectants are to be used where necessary.
- As determined by supervisor, or if applicable, will perform carpet spin bonneting, carpet extractions and total floor care. Strip and refinish hard surface floors maintaining them in quality condition and appearance.
- Keeps exterior of assigned facility clean as per schedule or as may be requested. This includes flowerbeds, sidewalks, ramps, driveways, stairs, etc.
- Knows and understand all cleaning products and chemicals as may be made available to use. Use of these products will be done properly and only in proper areas as required by product labels and instructions from supervisor and the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Ensure that all cleaning containers have the proper labeling as per the appropriate MSDS.
- Maintains mop heads and cleaning clothes changed on a regular basis.
- Ensures that at end of each shift all material and equipment has been cleaned, flushed if needed, accounted for and returned to the proper storage area. Work areas to be left in clean, neat and safe condition. Delivers all soiled mops and cleaning cloths to laundry area.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer