Location: San Diego (Banker’s Hill)
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We are centrally located in the beautiful community of Bankers Hill, close to downtown San Diego. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the selected management responsibilities of the Health Center as directed by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator. Coordinates Resident admissions and staffing/scheduling. Position coordinates and/or administers all Resident assessments and MDS requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates MDS completion with other disciplines, ensuring timely completion and submission.
- Attends and actively participates in all Interdisciplinary Team Meetings. Attends A.M. Report.
- Coordinates all corrections required due to medical records audit reports.
- Provides on-call coverage in conjunction with Director of Nursing.
- Coordinates and chairs all Patient Care Plan and Family Conferences. Acts as family and physician liaison.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for admissions coordination and assessment development.
- Participates in overall coordination of the departments within the Health Center to identify areas for improvement, correction of problems, and training sessions for problem resolution. Contributes to the generation of ideas to assist the Health Center to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Must have a neat appearance with good grooming habits, courteous nature, and must enjoy working with the elderly.
- Must possess a current knowledge of geriatric nursing, nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care in the State of California.
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be proficient with the English language.
- Must possess strong organizational skills for handling multiple tasks and assignments and for meeting deadlines and goals, must possess the ability to make independent decisions where circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, Residents, family members, visitors, regulatory agencies and personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional staff members.
- The ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a socially, morally and fiscally responsible operation. Must be able to cope with multiple responsibilities in a changing and evolving environment.
- Must be computer literate sufficient to perform all tasks required of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a current California Registered Nurse’s License and a minimum of three years experience in a long term care facility within the last five years. Must have MDS or related assessment experience.
To apply online, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer