Location: San Diego
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Sales Director, the Community Outreach Specialist assists in promoting St. Paul’s Senior Services to potential participants and community agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or communications or a health or human services field, or a high school diploma with sufficient experience.
Experience: Prefer one year of experience in a field marketing role for a health care provider, or in an information and referral resource role within the senior network of San Diego. Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned. Will be provided with training in the SPSS & PACE program enrollment process.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong public speaking and communications skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Scheduling and planning ability.
- Coordinating events and promotions.
- Strong office management skills: filing, copying, phones, scheduling.
- Good working knowledge of SPSS & PACE philosophy and eligibility/denial criteria.
- Ability to effectively present SPSS & PACE philosophy and model to the community and to prospective participants/residents.
- Working knowledge of physical, psychosocial, behavioral, and family needs of the elderly.
- Working knowledge of San Diego community health and social service delivery systems, and aging network.
- Basic knowledge of financing mechanisms such as Medi-cal, Medicare, Prospective Payment Systems and HMO Managed Care providing risk-based capitated systems.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, data entry and spreadsheet applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Requirements – Shall be in good mental and physical health, and capable of performing assigned tasks. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing, bending, kneeling and reaching at arm’s length and overhead in office setting and in community periodically. Must have a valid California license and a reliable mode of transportation. Must be flexible in relation to hours worked in order to meet the scheduling needs of prospective participants and their families and for attendance at health fairs which often occur on weekends. Requires the ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds using appropriate body mechanics.
- Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements – Ability to communicate clearly and effectively over the telephone and comfortable in speaking in public to small or large groups. Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to maintain accurate records and to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials. Excellent customer service skills. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Pressure Factor – Requires working under high pressure conditions. Working conditions may be noisy and crowded and fluctuating indoor temperatures. Moderate pressure to meet scheduled appointments while dealing with frail and confused participants. Subject to participants that may have the potential for verbal or physical aggression.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall attend in-service education program, including orientation, skill training and continuing education.
- Shall pass the California State Department of Health Care Services OLTC division marketing exam for marketing of the PACE program.
- Will be provided with a comprehensive training program on SPSS and programs including eligibility.
- Schedules meetings, presentations, health fairs and internal events.
- Arranges event details such as booking space, ordering refreshments, arrange photography.
- Coordinates and participates in outreach activities including in-services, presentations, events and fairs.
- Attends weekly and monthly senior health related networking groups to promote and refer the SPSS communities
- Collects data and prepares reports in accordance with State of California /or SPSS requirements.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with identified individuals and agencies to ensure a clear understanding of Paul’s Senior Services as a vital community resource.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Maintains accurate database of community contacts.
- Delivers literature to pre-assigned senior sites promoting SPSS.
- Writes marketing letters to pre-assigned target marketing groups such as Skilled Nursing Facilities and Board and Cares, and follows up with phone calls to arrange educational discussions.
- Manages and orders collateral and marketing supplies as needed.
- Works with outreach and sales team to coordinate event coverage.
- Is available evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English Preferred.
- Attends all staff, marketing, community relations and other meetings as requested by St. Paul’s Sales Director, Administrators, CEO, CFO, COO, and Corporate Marketing Director. Attendance needs to include a positive and proactive contribution to the meeting’s goals and process.
- Participates as part of St. Paul’s team in new development, problem solving, and ensuring that Resident satisfaction is achieved through appropriate channels.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Sales Director, Corporate Marketing Director, and COO.
- Reports to the Sales Director bi-weekly providing reporting on goal achievement, call counts, fair and event results. Completes the Monthly Outreach Report and updates contact log on a regular basis. Accuracy level must be high.
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows appropriate Infection Control procedures.
- Protects privacy and maintains confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about employees, participants, and families.
- Performs related duties as required or requested.
Reports to: Sales Director
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer