Location: San Diego
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
Under the direction and supervision of the Clinic Supervisor (Registered Nurse), obtains information from participants as directed. Participates in clinic meetings and overall planning related to clinic. Does scheduling for all clinic appointments, in-house specialists, outside consultations and diagnostic studies. Processes referrals and orders and ensures are approved, processed, and scheduled in a timely manner. Follows up on consultations and obtains notes and/or records from specialist visits. Confirms and verifies in PaceCare Online (PCO) appointments, encounters, and outside services pertaining to clinic. Ensures all patients are notified of upcoming appointments, schedules transportation to all appointments. Durable medical equipment (DME) tracking (i.e. dentures, glasses, hearing aids, diabetic shoes) and ensuring DME is delivered to participant. Provides and maintains authorizations for clinic needs. Monitors and orders office supplies for clinic. Fields calls for clinic and provides customer service for participants on the phone and in person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes miscellaneous projects for the Clinic Supervisor as assigned.
- Maintains daily schedules for the Clinic.
- Performs any necessary documentation in medical records, and performs computer entries to update participant information.
- Schedules necessary appointments of participants for clinic, specialist and outside medical appointments when requested.
- Maintains and updates files, binders, records, emails, and inventory lists
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems and word processing.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and ability to perform multiple and complex clerical task with computers.
- Knowledge of purchasing, budgeting, and inventory control.
- Skilled in taking and transcribing dictation and in the operation of office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
Ensures that all visitors entering the facility have a valid reason for admission, that they have properly and completely identified themselves, have completed the visitor log, have been issued a visitor pass, and have been announced to the appropriate department or resident.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer