Location: Banker’s Hill – San Diego
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We are centrally located in the beautiful community of Bankers Hill, close to downtown San Diego. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
Serves as the IT technical expert working independently and as a member of a cross-functional group of technical staff responsible for updating and enhancing the enterprise-wide desktop infrastructure, including hardware and application software and server-based software supporting this infrastructure.
(Range $20 – $22/hr)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all hardware and software upgrades, deployment, repairs and maintenance of all Personal Computers & Apple Mac computers, laptops, monitors, printers (LaserJet, Inkjet, Land Plotters), and any other attachable peripherals.
- Responsible for remote management of enterprise desktop computers, including remote control, patch updates, software distribution, and hardware and software inventory. Create and perform database queries of inventory information to provide management with reports useful for license management and software and hardware upgrade planning.
- Asset tag, label, configure and install all new desktop computers including personal computers, Macs, laptops, monitors, and printers.
- Creation and installation of network stored images and other software titles on personal computers, laptops, and Apple Mac computers.
- Assist in creation of network diagrams and installation of cable runs.
- Engineer secure, cost-effective, and manageable mobile solutions for end users throughout the enterprise including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other broadband technologies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all technologies deployed and engineer improvements or new solutions based on end user feedback and usage data.
- Provide support for business/production applications as well as standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Person should be familiar with advanced troubleshooting and configuration in the following operating system environments: Windows, Mac Operating systems
Person should have the ability to lift heavy computer equipment such as computers, and printers, sometimes weighing up to about 90lbs.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and other related certification highly desired.
Familiarity with the Windows Registry, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Group Policy, Windows Script Host (Cscript, Wscript), VBscript, and Active Directory.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Person should obtain a valid drivers license and insurance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Person should have an Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, and have 2 to 3 years minimum experience troubleshooting and repairing personal computers and laser printers, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Person should have minimum 12 months experience troubleshooting cabling in a network environment, and be familiar with the usage tools such as cable testers, punch down tools, cable crimpers, and cable toners.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To apply online, please visit: https://www.stpaulseniors.org/our-careers/
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer