Location: Banker’s Hill (San Diego)
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
OVERVIEW: The sole function of St. Paul’s Senior Services Foundation is to raise funds to support the programs and services of St. Paul’s Senior Services. The Event Specialist plays an instrumental role in all of the development functions. It is a fast-paced position that requires managing the details of several projects simultaneously, each of which will require a blend of creativity and critical thinking and an instinct for cultivating relationships. The Event Specialist reports directly to the Foundation Executive Director, but coordinates with many other areas of the Corporation.
- Must have a passion for serving the needs of the senior community
- 2 years of experience in fundraising field including donor cultivation, stewardship and soliciting charitable gifts
- 2 years of experience managing special events in either the hospitality industry or for fundraising purposes
- 2 years of experience managing volunteers
- 2 years of experience with social media platforms and Eventbrite
- Must possess strong organization skills to successfully plan for and meet deadlines, deliverables and project goals
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong writing skills
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to gather information writing reports
- Ability to speak before a groups
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Must have professional demeanor in attire and speech
- Flexible schedule; on occasion, this position will require working late during the week and on the weekend for special events
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and relate to Board and committee members, prominent members of the community, residents, donors, volunteers and staff.
- Eye for good graphic design and fine attention to details
- Computer literacy and the ability to use a variety of application (i.e., Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, Creative Suite, and Internet search tools) effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the Team and other departments to accomplish goals.
- Must have current California Drivers License and a reliable vehicle for business travel
Special Events –Serve as Project Manager for a variety of special events for the Foundation. The Specialist will plan, organize, promote and facilitate a number of annual events including but not limited to:
- LUV Gala
- Heritage Society Appreciation Luncheon
- Legacy Wall Luncheon
- Staff donor recognition
- Prayer Breakfast
- Will/Trusts presentations
- Charitable Gift Annuities presentations
- Special ground breaking and ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Planned giving presentations/home receptions
- Scheduling and maintaining communication with speakers, vendors, and participants; coordinating and monitoring event timelines; reviewing and analyzing evaluations; assisting in preparing a variety of publications, materials, and programs for events; managing event volunteers; acting as the prime source for promotional information.
- LUV Gala– In partnership with the LUV Gala Chair, manage all revenue generating activities of St. Paul’s annual fundraising event. Areas of oversight include (but not limited to): Table sponsorships, live/silent auctions, tickets sales and other revenue generating opportunities.
- Donor Relations – Oversee the donor recognition function. Duties will include: gift acknowledgement and stewardship activities, writing donor correspondence, and assisting with drafting donor reports and fundraising materials.
- Customer Service – The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships among a wide community of supporters, including the Foundation Team and other staff, Board and committee members, and volunteers to achieve the Foundation’s development goals.
- Other – Oversee other corporate special events requested by members of the Executive Team. Other fundraising-related tasks and functions as assigned by the Executive Director, Development Director, CEO or COO.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university. Requires a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry items up to 20 pounds. Occasionally may have to lift or carry objects up to 50 pounds. Must be able to walk, stoop, and file on a frequent basis. Will consistently perform tasks requiring moderate to complex manipulations. Frequently will walk, stand, sit for prolonged periods, reach above shoulders, bend, kneel, and drive. There will be occasions where standing for a long period of time will occur. Visually must be able to identify objects up to a distance of 20 feet. Occasionally will be asked to read contractual fine print. Consistently must be able to identify normal sounds where there is some background noise. Must be able to speak clearly and make self-understood.
Ability to concentrate frequently on fine detail where there is constant interruption. Must attend to tasks/functions for more than 60 minutes at a time. The ability to understand and relate to specific ideas that are generally several at a time is needed. Must remember multiple tasks/assignments over long periods of time.
Position functions primarily in an office environment with no particular negative environmental conditions, however outside environmental conditions during hot or cold temperatures will occur on occasion.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer