Location: Chula Vista
St. Paul’s is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. St. Paul’s strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Day Center Supervisor , responsible for providing and assisting participants of St. Paul’s PACE with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care. Assists with organization and implementation of activity program. Monitors health status and provides a safe environment for participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall attend in-service education program, including orientation, skill training and continuing education.
- Shall receive in-service training in first aid and in cardiopulmonary resuscitation within the first six months of employment.
- Assists participants and or supervises with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and toileting) as assigned or needed.
- Creates and participates in group(s) and one-on-one activities in accordance with daily activity calendar and as requested by the Recreational Coordinator.
- Monitors and assists participants with meals at feeding table.
- Assists, throughout the day, in maintaining clean and orderly day rooms, kitchen and personal care areas.
- Accompanies enrollee to medical and other appointments.
- Performs and or assists with laundry, including clothes for participants.
- Assists the drivers with the loading and unloading of participants from vehicles.
- Demonstrates dependability through consistent compliance with scheduled work hours.
- Participates in the activities of the interdisciplinary team as needed and carries out the plan of care as directed.
- Notes changes in participant’s physical or emotional health and communicates this information to the appropriate staff person.
- Maintains participants’ medical record and fulfills PACE charting and reporting requirements. Assists the transportation department with participants’ takes home supplies.
- May rotate into In-Home Services as a Personal Care provider as applicable and deemed necessary by the Lead Day Center Worker.
- Participates in and support Quality Improvement initiatives.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Current California C.N.A. certification.
Experience: A minimum of one year experience in working with the frail or elderly population required. Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned.
To apply online, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer