PACE is a unique program of coordinated care that offers elderly adults and their caregivers an innovative choice in health care. For many, it is a welcome alternative to nursing home care as participants, despite chronic health needs, can remain at home.
Some of the many local benefits offered include:
- A low doctor to patient ratio, ensuring that care is intimate and extremely personal.
- Access to specialists in geriatric care.
- Assistance with transportation and setting medical appointments.
- With the support of PACE, participants can continue to live in the least restrictive environment, in their home.
- Preventative care such as physical therapy to increase muscular strength and reduce fall risk.